The Top 9 Open-Source and Free Business Process Management Programs
Business Process Management (BPM) is a basic part of any association’s tasks. It includes planning, executing, and checking processes to further develop effectiveness, efficiency, and by and large execution. In the present computerized age, BPM software assumes an essential part in smoothing out work processes, robotizing undertakings, and guaranteeing the smooth working of a venture. While there are various BPM arrangements accessible on the lookout, not all are available to associations with restricted spending plans. This article investigates the nine best free and open source business process management software arrangements that can assist businesses of all sizes with streamlining their processes without burning through every last cent.
BPMN.io is an electronic BPMN (Business Process Model and Documentation) demonstrating stage that offers an open-source way to deal with process plan. It gives an easy to use point of interaction to making, altering, and sharing BPMN graphs. The apparatus is natural, making it ideal for the two novices and experienced process originators. BPMN.io offers the accompanying highlights:
• Diagram Creation: Users can easily create BPMN diagrams and collaborate with team members in real-time.
• Export and Import: The platform supports importing and exporting BPMN 2.0 diagrams, making it easy to work with other BPM tools.
• Customization: It allows users to customize the look of diagrams, add labels, and link documentation to specific elements.
BPMN.io is an excellent choice for businesses looking to start with BPM modeling or those seeking a straightforward, web-based solution for their BPM needs.
2. Bonita BPM Community Edition
Bonita BPM Community Edition is a powerful open-source BPM platform that offers comprehensive process automation capabilities. It is designed to help organizations model, automate, and optimize business processes efficiently. Some key features of Bonita BPM Community Edition include:
• Process Modeling: An intuitive visual design tool enables the creation of business process models.
• Workflow Automation: It supports process automation, including task assignments, notifications, and approvals.
• User Interface Customization: Users can customize the user interfaces to match their specific needs.
• Integration: Bonita BPM offers integration capabilities with various systems and databases.
The Community Edition is free, and while it lacks some of the advanced features of the paid version, it is a robust BPM solution for small and medium-sized businesses.
Activiti is an open-source BPM stage that offers many elements for process displaying and computerization. It is known for its versatility and adaptability, making it appropriate for associations, everything being equal. Key features of Activiti include:
• BPMN Support: Activiti supports BPMN 2.0, enabling the creation of complex process models.
• Workflow Engine: It provides a powerful workflow engine for managing and automating processes.
• Form Builder: Users can design customized forms for process tasks.
• Integration: Activiti can be integrated with other systems through REST APIs.
Activiti is ideal for businesses looking for a BPM solution that can scale as their processes become more complex and demanding.
Camunda is an open-source BPM platform known for its workflow and decision automation capabilities. It allows organizations to design, implement, and automate business processes and decisions. Key features of Camunda include:
• BPMN Modeler: Camunda offers a user-friendly BPMN modeler for process design.
• Workflow Engine: It provides a highly capable workflow engine that supports complex processes.
• DMN (Decision Model and Notation): Camunda includes support for decision automation using DMN.
• Integration: It can be integrated with various systems through REST and Java APIs.
Camunda’s open-source community edition is free to use and provides extensive capabilities for BPM and decision management.
5. Zoho Creator
Zoho Creator is a low-code development platform that can be leveraged for business process management. While not purely a BPM tool, it allows users to design and automate workflows with ease. Key features of Zoho Creator include:
• Visual Workflow Builder: It offers a drag-and-drop interface to create custom workflows.
• Integration: Zoho Creator integrates with various Zoho and third-party applications.
• Mobile Access: Workflows and applications can be accessed and managed from mobile devices.
• Customization: Users can design forms, reports, and dashboards to meet their unique needs.
Zoho Creator is an excellent choice for organizations seeking a low-code BPM solution that is easy to use and integrates seamlessly with other Zoho products.
6. ProcessMaker Community Edition
ProcessMaker is an open-source workflow and BPM platform that offers a community edition for free. It allows organizations to create, automate, and optimize business processes. Key features of ProcessMaker Community Edition include:
• Visual Designer: Users can create workflows and forms through a visual designer.
• Workflow Automation: The platform supports automation of tasks, approvals, and notifications.
• Integration: ProcessMaker can be integrated with various external systems and services.
• Mobile Access: Workflows can be accessed and managed from mobile devices.
ProcessMaker Community Edition is a robust solution for businesses looking for a free and open-source BPM tool with extensive automation capabilities.
Flowable is an open-source BPM and work process stage that is profoundly adjustable and designer well disposed. It offers strong elements for process plan and mechanization. A portion of its key highlights include:
• BPMN Support: Flowable supports BPMN 2.0 for process modeling.
• Workflow Engine: It provides a scalable and flexible workflow engine for process automation.
• Form Builder: Users can design forms for collecting and displaying data.
• Integration: Flowable can be integrated with other systems through REST and Java APIs.
Flowable is an excellent choice for organizations that require a highly customizable BPM solution with a strong focus on developer support.
8. Apache ODE (Orchestration Director Engine)
Apache Tribute is an open-source BPEL (Business Process Execution Language) motor that permits associations to plan and mechanize complex business processes. While it’s not quite so easy to use as some other BPM apparatuses, it is profoundly fit and extensible. Key highlights of Apache Tribute include:
• BPEL Support: Apache ODE supports BPEL for process design and orchestration.
• Scalability: It can handle large-scale process orchestration.
• Integration: Apache ODE can be integrated with various systems using standards like Web Services.
• Community Support: Being an Apache project, it has a strong and active community.
Apache ODE is a solid choice for organizations that require a powerful and extensible BPEL engine for their BPM needs.
Nuxeo is an open-source content services platform that can be used for business process automation and management. While it focuses on managing and organizing content, it offers BPM capabilities for workflow automation. Key features of Nuxeo include:
• Workflow Automation: Nuxeo provides tools for designing and automating document-centric workflows.
• Content Management: It excels in managing and organizing various types of content.
• Integration: Nuxeo can be integrated with other systems and applications through REST APIs.
• Customization: Users can customize the platform to meet their unique content and BPM needs.
Nuxeo is a suitable choice for organizations that need both content management and BPM capabilities in a single platform.
Viable business process management is critical for the progress of any association, no matter what its size or industry. The nine free and open source BPM software arrangements examined in this article offer a scope of elements and capacities to assist businesses with smoothing out their processes without causing massive expenses. From visual work process manufacturers like Zoho Maker to thorough BPM stages like Camunda and Activiti, there is an answer for each need.
While picking the right BPM software, associations ought to think about variables like the intricacy of their processes, mix necessities, and the ability level of their clients. Eventually, the decision of BPM software ought to line up with the association’s particular objectives and necessities. By utilizing these free and open source BPM arrangements, businesses can upgrade their tasks, further develop proficiency, and accomplish an upper hand in the present